Friday, January 21, 2022
HomeHEALTHMore Young Kids Are Getting Sick From Cannabis Edibles

More Young Kids Are Getting Sick From Cannabis Edibles


“The children I’ve cared for and heard about at our hospital all recovered,” stated Dr. Lois Lee, an affiliate professor of pediatrics and emergency medication at Harvard Medical School. “But some had to be hospitalized for treatment and monitoring. And others were in the emergency department for hours, while their parents waited for them to improve enough so they could be safely discharged home.”

If you consider that your youngster might need ingested hashish, name Poison Control to talk with somebody instantly, Dr. Lee stated.

Poison Control may advise you as to when it’s essential to hunt medical care.

If your youngster has extra extreme signs — for instance, she or he is vomiting, seizing, having hassle respiration or not waking up — it’s best to go straight to the emergency room, the place the docs can run toxicology checks and supply oxygen and different therapies if wanted, Dr. Lee added.

“Many children don’t require any substantial treatment, just observation until they wake up,” she stated.

First, don’t assume that child-resistant packaging alone will stop a decided youngster from consuming your edibles.

“Parents and caregivers should always store cannabis products, especially edibles, safely out of reach of children,” Dr. Whitehill stated. “Kids are really clever and some kids just get into everything, so actually locking it away — the way one would do with certain medications — is a good idea.”

“Locked is best, if possible,” agreed Kaitlyn Brown, the medical managing director of the American Association of Poison Control Centers. “Parents think they have something up on top of the fridge, completely out of reach, out of sight, and the next thing they know their 2-year-old is a climber and is scaling the counter.”

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments