Tuesday, January 18, 2022
HomeEntertainmentAlec Baldwin Will Turn in Phone to Investigators This Week, Lawyer Says

Alec Baldwin Will Turn in Phone to Investigators This Week, Lawyer Says


A lawyer for Alec Baldwin mentioned on Thursday that the actor would flip over his cellphone “this week” to authorities investigating his deadly taking pictures of a cinematographer on the set for the movie “Rust,” almost a month after detectives secured a search warrant for the gadget.

The pledge got here hours after the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office — which is investigating the taking pictures — had launched a press release pointedly noting that the warrant had been obtained on Dec. 16 however that “to date, the cellphone has not been turned over to authorities.”

Mr. Baldwin’s lawyer, Aaron Dyer, mentioned in a press release that he and his consumer had reached an settlement with officers in Santa Fe County final weekend relating to the actor’s cellphone and that they had been finalizing logistics with the authorities in New York, the place Mr. Baldwin has a house.

“Ever since this tragic incident, Mr. Baldwin has continued to cooperate with the authorities, and any suggestion to the contrary is simply untrue,” Mr. Dyer mentioned within the assertion. “We requested that the authorities obtain a warrant so that we could protect his privacy on other matters unrelated to ‘Rust’ and have been working through that process.”

After media shops reported final week that investigators didn’t but have Mr. Baldwin’s cellphone, weeks after a choose in New Mexico authorized the warrant request, Mr. Baldwin posted a video of himself on Instagram saying he was complying however that the method was taking time. He instructed that he was involved about sustaining his privateness, saying, “They can’t just go through your phone and take, you know, your photos or your love letters to your wife or what have you.”

Officials in Suffolk County, New York, mentioned final week that they had been additionally concerned in facilitating the cellphone’s switch to the authorities.

In a tv interview final month, Mr. Baldwin fiercely insisted that he was to not blame within the taking pictures that killed the cinematographer of the movie, Halyna Hutchins, and injured the director, Joel Souza. He mentioned that when the gun went off, he had been working towards drawing it from his shoulder holster and that he had not pulled the set off; he mentioned he had not totally cocked the hammer of the gun, an old style revolver, however had pulled it again so far as he might and let it go in an motion which may have set it off.

Mr. Baldwin mentioned within the TV interview that he didn’t understand how reside rounds bought on the set of the western, a query on the middle of the authorities’ investigation in Santa Fe.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments