Friday, January 21, 2022
HomeEntertainmentRaunchy ‘Sopranos’ scene received solid booted from ‘conservative Italian funeral home’

Raunchy ‘Sopranos’ scene received solid booted from ‘conservative Italian funeral home’


“The Sopranos” has its fair proportion of raunchy scenes sprinkled all through its six-season run.

But there was one second, specifically, that received the solid and crew right into a heated state of affairs. The present’s solid was kicked out of a funeral dwelling throughout filming that concerned a line a couple of blow job.

Former producer Ilene Landress divulged secrets and techniques of the episode within the e book, “Tinderbox: HBO’s Ruthless Pursuit of New Frontiers.”

Landress defined to creator James Andrew Miller that the scene in query was being filmed in New York City. She seen one thing was incorrect when her crew got here speeding outdoors of the venue to search out her.

“I walk across Sixth Avenue, and I see our trucks in front of this little old conservative Italian funeral home where we were shooting,” Landress mentioned. “Then people start walking out, and the location manager running toward me.”

She recalled, “We were shooting a funeral scene and the scene was a little lady in the coffin and Uncle Junior turns to somebody in the receiving line, glances into the coffin and says, ‘She gave me my first blow job.’ Well, we got kicked out of the place.”

“The Sopranos” stars (from left) Maureen Van Zandt, Kathrine Narducci, Annabella Sciorra, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Edie Falco, Landress and Lorraine Bracco.
WireImage

“You could totally panic or you could see the humor in the whole thing,” Landress mentioned. “I called HBO and told them, ‘I guess we’re done for the day.’”

The tell-all e book dives deep into the behind-the-scenes secrets and techniques of the HBO community and is filled with anecdotes and interviews from the enduring mob drama.

One story featured within the e book was how HBO executives had been anxious about star James Gandolfini’s well being. The actor handed away in 2013 after struggling a coronary heart assault at 51.

Former HBO head Jeff Bewkes spoke to Miller and the way the execs feared Gandolfini’s dying. “We were concerned about Gandolfini staying alive. Occasionally he would go on a bender or a coke binge. We had to stop production,” Bewkes mentioned within the e book.

Ex-HBO chairman Chris Albrecht additionally chimed in, saying that Gandolfini skipped work as a result of he “thought Jimmy was embarrassed.” Albrecht added that the community hosted an intervention at his house in Manhattan. “The intervention wasn’t my idea. I think [it was] his family’s idea because his sister was there. It was definitely a crisis situation,” Albrecht mentioned. 

Edie Falco and James Gandolfini in a "Sopranos" scene.
Edie Falco and James Gandolfini in a “Sopranos” scene.
HBO

However, he claimed he wasn’t all that anxious about Gandolfini’s well being on the time.

“I don’t remember us being worried he was going to die, but it became a real problem with shooting the show . . . It became a lack of respect for the other actors as well, so there were sort of problems that bubbled up,” he mentioned.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments